Russ Rew: Re: 19980805: About that zlib stuff

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Thu, 06 Aug 1998 08:44:09 -0600
From:    Russ Rew <address@hidden>
To:      address@hidden (Dan Schmitt)
Subject: Re: 19980805: About that zlib stuff

>To: address@hidden
>From: address@hidden (Dan Schmitt)
>Subject: About that zlib stuff

Hi Dan,

> How likely is it that the zlib stuff makes it into
> the main distribution (and the Java interface?)

Not very likely; we still consider it experimental.  But as Glenn says:

    A nice thing about the Java netcdf is that it more completely
    decouples the interface and the file format. I can imagine all sorts
    of data sources which implement the interface.
    I'm personally only interested in a few of them...

--Russ

------- End of Forwarded Message