980702: NetCDF distribution

>From: Dave Santek <address@hidden>

Dave,

>If we start incorporating ADDE servers that read/write NetCDF files,
>what kind of restrictions are there on including the NetCDF
>source/library/etc. in the McIDAS distribution?

The netCDF is copyrighted but freely available code.  It might be best
to review the netCDF information on our WWW page.  Go to the Unidata
homepage:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/

and follow the link to netCDF.  Under that link you will find information
about the netCDF copyright.  I can tell  you that a number of packages rely
on netCDF, and there is no problem in using it.

Tom

>From address@hidden  Mon Jul  6 07:19:17 1998
OK....thanx much!
dave