Re: 980615: Failed make of netcdf 3.4 on mklinux compile

>To: address@hidden
>From: Doug Hunt <address@hidden>
>Subject: Failed make of netcdf 3.4 on mklinux compile

Hi Doug,

> Hi:  I have a powermac 9500/200 with mklinux on it.  It fails to compile
> src/ncgen/genlib.c.  It seems to be a problem with the va_start macro
> defined in va-ppc.h.
>
> I have attached a tar file containing all the debug output requested in
> the INSTALL file.
>
> If you have any questions, please let me know.

We don't have a PowerPC running MkLinux on which to reproduce the
problem, but I suspect it is the same one for which Richard van
Hees earlier reported a workaround.  Please see:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/other-builds.html#linux-ppc

for which the fix involves deleting a single line from genlib.c.

Please let us know if this doesn't work.

--Russ