Re: WinNT makefiles and binaries available for Netcdf 3.4

-----Original Message-----
From: R. Bauer <address@hidden>
To: John Caron <address@hidden>
Date: Thursday, June 04, 1998 6:21 AM
Subject: Re: WinNT makefiles and binaries available for Netcdf 3.4

>John Caron wrote:
>
>> Windows NT makefiles (using Visual C++ 5.0 and Digital Fortran 5.0) for
>> Version 3.4 are now available via anonymous FTP from
>>

>This works all good, thanks a lot.
>
>I am new in using Digital Fortran 5.0 and I am not familar with the
>development studio
>- I know there are many pages which I can read
>
>I installed all files like your description.
>
>All of your tests are working.
>
>But ....
>
>I like to know if I have an easy coded program (like following source) is it
>possible to
>compile it by df in a way without makefiles.
>
>Or ..
>
>how I have to build the makefile, do you have a standard makefile which I can
>get?
>
>May be you have time to give me an example makefile.
>

> program ftest3
>      include 'c:\netcdf-3.4\src\fortran\netcdf.inc'
>
>      ncid=nf_create('test.nc',ncnoclob,rcode)
>
>      end
>

>Regards
>Reimar
>

>--
>R.Bauer
>
>Institut fuer Stratosphaerische Chemie (ICG-1)
>Forschungszentrum Juelich
>email: address@hidden

Hi Reimar:

start from the makefile in nf_test/msofts.mak and add

OBJS = ftest3.obj
ftest3.exe: $(OBJS) $(LIBRARY)
     $(FOR) $(FFLAGS) $(OBJS) /link $(LIBRARY) /NODEFAULTLIB:LIBCMTD \
     /NODEFAULTLIB:LIBCD /out:$@

(make sure the lines following ftest3.exe start with a TAB.)
this uses the static libraries, which are a little easier i think.
It should work then by saying:
    nmake /f msofts.mak ftest3.exe

Makefiles are a pain but well worth it after you get them working.
Good Luck!!

John