Re: configure problem: building under Linux powerwessel 2.0.28

William,

In the above message, you wrote:

>       I created the file conftest.c and followed your instructions, but
> it failed with the following errors:
>
> ld: /usr/lib/crti.o: Relocation R_PPC_LOCAL24PC is not yet supported for
> symbol
> _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_.
> ld: /usr/lib/crti.o: Relocation R_PPC_PLTREL24 is not yet supported for
> symbol _
> _gmon_start__.
> ld: final link failed: Invalid operation
>
> This is what you predicted, right?

Yes.  It indicates that your C compiler can't link together a program.

> Actually, I was the person who
> installed MkLinux on the Mac and nobody uses this Mac except me and my
> supervisor, so there isn't really a system manager.  Do you think there
> was a problem during the installation of MkLinux?  But I didn't realize
> any problems during the installation.

I don't know if there was a problem during the MkLinux installation, but
the end result certainly can't link together a program.

I can't diagnose the problem (I don't have any MkLinux experience).  You
might try contacting a MkLinux support group (e.g. a Usenet newsgroup).

--------