Re: 980516: Installing on Redhat

>To: address@hidden
>From: SungTae Jang <address@hidden>
>Subject: Installing on Redhat

Hi,

> I am using Redhat kernel 2.0.32.
> gcc version 2.7.2.3 and used g77.
>
> I've used to build netCDF-3 But some problems.
>
> I want to use netCDF on my system.
>
> Please, Help me.

In order to help, we'll need to see what the problems are.  Please
follow the directions outlined under "REPORTING PROBLEMS:" in the
src/INSTALL file of the netCDF distribution and send the requested
information to "address@hidden".  Thanks!

As noted in the INSTALL file, we've had success building netCDF on
Linux platforms with the following environment variables set:

    CC=gcc                      # version 2.7.2.3.f.1
    CPPFLAGS=-Df2cFortran       # necessary for correct compilation
    CFLAGS=-g
    FC=g77                      # version 0.5.21
    FFLAGS="-g -Wno-globals"    # "-Wno-globals" disables an ignorable warning
    CXX=/usr/bin/g++            # version 2.7.2.3.f.1