Re: 980515: conversion from binary to ascii

Shilpa,

In the above message, you wrote:

> Once the data has been converted to binary form using the udunits software,
> is there a way that the binary file can be converted back into ascii?
>
> (I know with netCDF you can go back and forth using ncdump and ncgen, that is
> why I am asking).
>
> Shilpa Shenvi

I'm afraid that I don't understand your question because the
UDUNITS library doesn't convert data files between ASCII and binary
representations.

The UDUNITS library does have a utPrint() function.  It's documented in
the udunits(3) manual page.  Is that what your wondering about?

Perhaps if you told me what you're trying to do, then I would be able to
help you better.

--------