Re: 980428: problems on netcdf: Linux signal handling

Bingming,

In the above message, you wrote:

> For the tests log that I sent to you, I did not set the
> cc and c++ environments.  But I did tried tests with these
> environment set.  For example, I have tried:
> > CC="/usr/bin/gcc" CXX="/usr/bin/g++"  FC="/usr/bin/mf77" \
> FFLAGS="-O4" CFLAGS=-g ./configure
>
> The result is the same.
>
> The "byte" type in mf77 is LOGICAL*1, which is a logical value of
> either 1 or 0.  If I use the "-vms" switch in the FFLAGS, then
> it would be equivalent to the "unsigned char" type in C.

Then you should use the "-vms" option.  Do this:

    0.  See the URL later in this message and modify your sources
        accordingly.

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory.

    2.  Execute the command "make distclean".

    3.  Remove the file "config.cache" if it exists.

    4.  Set your environment variables.  Ensure that the environment
        variable FFLAGS contains the option "-vms".

    5.  Execute the configure script.  Redirect standard output and
        standard error to the file "configure.log".  If an error occurs,
        then send me the file.

    6.  Execute the command "make".  Redirect standard output and
        standard error to the file "make.log".  If an error occurs, then
        send me the file.

    8.  Follow the remaining directions in the INSTALL file.

> I checked nc_test/nc_test.c and it does have a handler in main().
> I used the debuger to see where is stops, I found it stoped in
> the subroutine util.c line 134:
>       return ABS(x-y) <= epsilon * MAX (ABS(x), ABS(y));
> which is in function int equal(...).
>
> Could you give me any suggestions what I should try next?

Take a look at the following:

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpse/netcdf/2843

I think it'll solve your problem.

--------