Re: NetCDF 3.4 now available

Hi Leigh,

> Are there any samples of Java code available anywhere that you know of
> that show how to use the Java netCDF library?  I am expecrienced in
> using the C++ netCDF interface, and would appreciate any Java code
> examples that anyone could provide.  In particular, I would like to see
> Java code samples for creating netCDF files, reading them, writing to
> them, etc....  Any and all code examples would be greatly appreciated.

Some test code is available with the source distribution.  It may
be useful as an example to supplement the documentation, since it does
create a simple netCDF file and then read it back in.  It's in

  src/ucar/tests/TestNetcdf.java

However, since it's also intended as a preliminary test, it's not ideal
as a tutorial example.  We're putting together something more like the C++
example program nctst.cc, with comments on how to create and read a
netCDF file.  I'll try to make it available from the netcdf-java page by
the end of the week ...

--Russ