Re: 980318: NETCDF.LIB

>To: address@hidden
>From: Ercan Kose <address@hidden>
>Subject: NETCDF.LIB

Hi,

> I am trying to use pomcdf on my PC.I have FORTRAN Power station.
> I do not have any problem in compiling the POM.F. But when I tryed
> to compile pomcdf I got the error massage which say No modules extracted
> from netcdf.lib. I think netcdf.lib I have is not compiled for PC.
>
> I have Borland C++, if it is possible I can compile netcdf on my PC.
> But I do not know how I can interface that with Fortran.

We don't know what "pomcdf" is.  Are you sure it uses netCDF rather than
CDF or HDF?  We do have some contributed versions of the netCDF library
(and XDR library that it required) compiled with Borland C++, available
from

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/borland/

But the Fortran interface is not supported by these Borland libraries,
as far as I know.  See the ORIGIN and read.me files in that directory
for more information.

Alternatively, the latest version (3.4) of netcdf will compile on
Windows and Windows NT platforms with the Microsoft C++ and Digital
Fortran compilers.  It's available from

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.Z

using Makefiles available from

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/maks.zip