Re: 980312: netcdf-3.4

> >To: address@hidden
> >From: David Bennett <address@hidden>
> >Subject: netcdf-3.4

Hi Dave,

> hello support.  i just downloaded the most recent netcdf package,
> netcdf-3.4 .  there is no src directory which should have the
> configure script and make files.  is there a change or was this
> supposed to be included. thanks...

I can't reproduce the problem you're reporting.  I just tried
downloading it from

   ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.Z

and then uncompressing it and un-tarring it using

  $ uncompress < ~ftp/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.Z | tar xf -

on a Unix system, and the result was a netcdf-3.4 directory that
contained a src/ subdirectory with all the expected files, including a
configure script and an INSTALL file with directions for building it.

In case you're on a system that doesn't have the uncompress or tar
utilities, I also made it available in a ZIP file:

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf34.zip

--Russ