Re: 980311: netCDF version 3.4

>To: address@hidden
>From: "Larry A. Schoof" <address@hidden>
>Subject: netCDF version 3.4

Hi Larry,

> I was excited after I read the announcement of the release of 3.4 and I'm
> ready to take advantage of the >2GB file capability and the new "underbar
> underbar" interfaces for nc__open(), nc__create(), and nc__enddef().  Is
> there any documentation available describing the additional arguments for
> these functions?  I looked in the guide.ps on the ftp site but it doesn't
> include the "underbar underbar" interfaces.

I'm behind in updating the User's Guides, but a description of the
arguments is available in the C interface man page documentation that
accompanies the release (netcdf-3.4/src/libsrc/netcdf.3).  We're
investigating why the new tuning functions aren't showing up in the on-line
generated man pages at
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/man-cgi?netcdf+-s3> and should have
that problems fixed shortly.

> Thanks for the good work!