Re: 980205: Error message... configure fails on CONVEX

>To: address@hidden
>From: Juan Antonio Prego Ortiz <address@hidden>
>Subject: Error message...
>
>     I am J. A. Prego, affiliated to the Department of Geophysics and Mete=
> orology
> (Spain). We have a problem with netCDF installation. I have attached to t=
> his
> mail the outputs specified in you "report problems" within install file. =
> The
> main problem is bellow, and I think is related to some binary format of t=
> he
> Convex machine. Thanks, Juan
>
> gcc -c -O -I.  -DNDEBUG ncx.c
> ncx.c:1119: #error "ix_float implementation"
> ncx.c:1542: #error "ix_double implementation"
>
> THIS WOULD BE PART OF THE FILE make.output
>
>     Make fails, so I go on with your instructions.
>
>     The information you asked for are:
>
>     *1.- abaco:~/netcdf-3.3.1/src[25]% uname -a
> ConvexOS abaco.cedex.es C4620 11.1 convex
>
>     *2.- version: netcdf-3.3.1
>
>     *3.- Attached file: configure.output
>
>     *4.- Paths:
> #! /bin/sh
> CC=3Dgcc
> CPP=3D/lib/cpp
> CPPFLAGS=3D${CPPFLAGS--DNDEBUG}
> #CFLAGS=3D${CFLAGS--O}
> FFLAGS=3D'-O2'
> FPPFLAGS=3D${FPPFLAGS-}
>
>     *5.- Attached file: config.log
>
>     *6.- Attached file: make.output
>
>     *7.- Attached file: maketest.output
>

>     THANKS once more, Juan
>
> - --
> _________________________________________________________________________=
> ______
> JUAN ANTONIO PREGO ORTIZ                        <  address@hidden=
> =2Ees  >
> - -------------------------------------------------------------------------=
> - ------
> DEPARTAMENTO DE GEOF=CDSICA Y METEOROLOG=CDA
> Facultad de Ciencias F=EDsicas. Universidad Complutense de Madrid
> CIUDAD UNIVERSITARIA. 28040 MADRID (SPAIN)
> - -------------------------------------------------------------------------=
> - ------
> LABORATORIO DE METEOROLOG=CDA (122.0)
> Phone: + 34 - 1 - 394 - 4513                         Fax: + 34 - 1 - 394 =
> - - 4398
> http://www.ucm.es/info/Geofis/gmat/

> checking for IEEE floating point format... no

For some reason which I have not been able to determine,
the configure script is reporting that your machine does not
use IEEE floating point. I'm almost certain that it does.

If it is the case that this machine uses IEEE floating point,
you can comment out the
macro
#define NO_IEEE_FLOAT
in libsrc/ncconfig.h
to manually override this.

If the machine is not IEEE, then there is more work involved.

If the machine uses CRAY1 floating point format,
most of the work is done. You can start with adding
#define _CRAY to ncx.c to turn on CRAY floating point conversions.

The only other machine floating point format supported is VAX,
which is unlikey to be of help in this situation.

-glenn