Re: 980203: NetCDF port to Exemplar X-Class -- help requested

>To: address@hidden
>From: Mahesh Rajan <address@hidden>
>Subject: NetCDF port to Exemplar X-Class -- help requested

Manesh,

> Russ -- thanks for the response.  I was able to get it to work.  The
> problem was with off_t define in ncconfig.h colliding with the sam on
> types.h.  When I ran the test all tests completed successfully except one
> as below.  Any suggestions? Mahesh -------------------------------------
> *** Testing nc_inq_attlen ... ok *** Testing nc_inq_atttype ... ok ***
> Testing nc_create ...
>         FAILURE at line 57 of test_write.c: attempt to overwrite file:
> status =7
>         ### 1 FAILURES TESTING nc_create! ###
> *** Testing nc_redef ...  1386 good comparisons.  34 good comparisons.
> ok

I haven't seen that before.  This may still be a symptom of not using
the -D_HPUX_SOURCE compiler flag, because the code in question is
testing a return value from nc_create against NC_EEXIST, which is
defined in terms of the system error code EEXIST:

    err = nc_create(scratch, NC_NOCLOBBER, &ncid);
    IF (err != NC_EEXIST)
        error("attempt to overwrite file: status = %d", err);

(This is to make sure the correct error code is returned when attempting
to create a file with the same name as an existing file when the
NC_NOCLOBBER flag is used.)

I'd recommend you try the following steps:

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory (the directory containing
        the INSTALL file).

    2.  Remove the file "config.cache" if it exists.

    3.  Set the environment variable CPPFLAGS='-D_HPUX_SOURCE -DNDEBUG'

    4.  Re-execute the configure script, making sure it uses the
        CPPFLAGS environment variable you have set.

    5.  Execute the command "make clean".

    6.  Execute the command "make all test".

If this doesn't work, please send us the output.

You could also try the alpha test version of netCDF 3.4, which we've
tested on HP-UX 10.  It's available from

    ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-3.4a.tar.Z

--Russ