980109: netCDFPerl-1.2 build problem: ncopts() not found

Randy,

In the above message, you wrote:

> I just attempted an installation of netCDFPerl v1.2 on my system
> (SPARC Solaris-2.4, with Perl v5.004).  Attempted, but did not
> succeed.
>
> All the files needed for diagnostics can be found here:
>
>     ftp://newark.cms.udel.edu/pub/users/zagar/netCDFPerl-1.2/
>

> ===
>
> Randy Zagar                          E-Mail: address@hidden
> Sr. Scientific Programmer            E-Mail: address@hidden
> College of Marine Studies             Voice: (302) 831-1139
> University of Delaware                  FAX: (302) 831-6838
> Newark, DE 19716

Executing the configure script resulted in the following message:

    Enter a value for the netCDF library (e.g. "-L/usr/local/unidata/lib
-lnetcdf"):

To which you responded

    -L/opt/lib

Unfortunately, the above isn't a link-time reference for the netCDF
library.  You should have responded

    -L/opt/lib -lnetcdf

Try the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level netCDF-Perl source directory.

    2.  Set the following environment variables to the indicated values:

            PERL_MANDIR=/opt/man
            CPP_NETCDF=-I/opt/include
            LD_NETCDF='-L/opt/lib -lnetcdf'

    3.  Re-execute the configure script.  Redirect standard output and
        standard error to the file "configure.log".  If an error occurs,
        then stop and send me the file.

    4.  Execute the command "make".  Redirect standard output and
        standard error to the file "make.log".  If an error occurs, then
        stop and send me the file.

    5.  Execute the command "make test".  Redirect standard output and
        standard error to the file "test.log".  If an error occurs, then
        stop and send me the file.

Let me know how it goes.

--------