Re: 980109: Java netCDF interface

>To: address@hidden
>From: Mike Hamilton <address@hidden>
>Subject: Java netCDF interface

Hi Mike,

> What's the current state of development of a java interface
> to netCDF?

It's currently in alpha testing internally at Unidata.  It's gone
through about three iterations, so is getting close to releasable for
external testing.  The documentation can be viewed at

   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/

where we'll also post announcements about the alpha release
availability.  When it's released, there will be a mailing list for
further discussions and announcements ...

> BTW, I've been using netCDF for several years now.  What a
> great product you guys have.  Thanks for keeping it up to
> date (especially the Perl interface).

Thanks for the feedback!

--Russ