[no subject]

> From: address@hidden
> Date: Thu, 25 Dec 1997 14:12:34 +0800
> To: address@hidden

Hi,

> I am very interested in netCDF, I would like to get a user name and password
> for the netCDF convention accout. Could you tell me how to do it? Is it
> free?
>
>     Thank you very much.
>
>     My E-Mail address: address@hidden

All the information we have on netCDF, including the complete netCDF
software distribution, is freely available from the netCDF web page at

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/index.html

No login or account is necessary to access this information or software.

The only purpose of the netcdf conventions accounts is to permit
representatives of remote organizations to maintain institutional
conventions for netCDF data on our FTP server.  This method of storing
conventions documents was created before the existence of the World Wide
Web, and has been made obsolete by the WWW.  Now, instead of maintaining
special discipline-specific or organization-specific netCDF conventions
documents on our FTP server, it would be better for organizations to
maintain such documents on their own WWW server and refer to them with a
URI or URL instead of with a file name on our FTP server.