971201: netCDF configure on Linux

Dear SongYongjia,

In the above message, you wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>     I want to install netcdf-3.3.1 in RedHat linux.
>     First I do 'configure'
>     second I do 'make'
>         but when compile in 'src/fortran' dictionary, I got a=20
>         error message "not compile environment in cfortran.h",
>         so I define compile environment is gcc, it run fine.
>     next I do 'make test'
>         when making test in /src/fortran, come out about 400 warning =
> "external variable not define",
>         stop!
>
> Could you help me!

The warning messages are emitted by the Fortran compiler because the
Fortran include-file "fortran/netcdf.inc" contains many EXTERNAL
statements for identifiers which are not used.  These warnings may be
safely ignored.  To turn off these warnings, be sure that you've set the
environment variable FFLAGS appropriately before executing the configure
script, e.g.

    FFLAGS='-g -Nx400 -w'

Please see the "Linux" example in the INSTALL file for more information.

There are two way that you can add the above options to the FFLAGS
variable:

    1.  Remove the file "config.cache" from the top-level source
        directory, set the FFLAGS environment variable, and re-execute the
        configure script.

    2.  Edit the file "macros.make" in the top-level source directory:
        add the necessary options to the FFLAGS macro, then re-execute the
        command "make".

--------