971124: configure for netcdf 3.3.1 under sunos4

Rob,

In the above message, you wrote:

> I need a tool to translate ascii into netcdf. To do that I need to install
> the decoder package. To install the decoder package I need to have
> installed the pearl package. TO install the pearl package I need to
> install the netcdf package and a version of pearl 5.003 already...????

I think I understand what you're trying to do: you want to decode the
ASCII NWS family-of-services products that you receive via your LDM.
Is this correct?

> Well I tried bravely to install netcdf version 3.3.1. I downloaded it and
> unpacked it. THen I tried to run % ./configure, and that already does not
> work.
>
> my system is uname -a
> SunOS dolphin 4.1.3 1 sun4c
>
> exucuting ./configure gives
> %: Too many arguments.

Executing the command "./configure" (without the quotes) cannot result
in the error "%: Too many arguments.".  It appears that you are
executing the command "% ./configure" instead.  The "%" was given as an
example of a shell prompt; don't enter it as part of the command.

--------