Re: Porting of C++ interface on Win95 using MSDV C++ 4.0

Hi again,

I wrote:

> The use of the "declare" macro in ncvalues.hh (and the "implement" macro
> in other netCDF C++ source files) uses the definition of these macros
> that is supposed to be provided by including the following statement:
>
>     #include <generic.h>
>
> The macros in this file are widely used to paste tokens together to form
> new names.
>
> I've appended a copy of the version of this file distributed with the
> GNU C++ library, in case it's not available with the MSDV C++ 4.0.

I decided a better way to handle this problem is to get rid of the
reference to <generic.h>, since it's apparently not included with all
C++ development environments anymore.  I just remove the

     #include <generic.h>

from ncvalues.hh and replace it with the following:

// macros to glue tokens together to form new names (used to be in generic.h)
#define name2(a,b) a ## b
#define declare(clas,t)        name2(clas,declare)(t)
#define implement(clas,t)      name2(clas,implement)(t)

This fix will be in the next release.

You may also want to be aware of another set of patches to the C++
interface available from

   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/known_problems.html#cxxnclong

that fixes a problem in the current C++ interface implementation.

--Russ