Re: 971114: netCDF and MATLAB

Joe,

> Thanks for your quick response and addition of a Matlab netCDF toolbox
> link.  (Yes, this seems like the correct link to use.)
>
> In reading the User's Guide for C and looking at the source distribution,
> I'm wondering if you have any other complete examples of using netCDF, other
> than the nctest directory in the distribution. The addition of a
> 'demos' directory to the source would certainly be nice!

Well, there's always "ncdump", which is actually a pretty simple use of
the netCDF read interfaces to find out what's in a generic file.  But
it's certainly not as simple as a demo could be.

Another source of demos is to use "ncgen -c" on a CDL file to generate
the netCDF C code needed to create the corresponding netCDF file, to
demonstrate the write side of using netCDF.

And there are a few examples in our
ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/ directory from other
users.

But I still think your suggestion is a good one.  I'll keep my eye out
for demo candidates.  Thanks for the suggestion.

--Russ