Re: 970922: problem with nccreate on IRIX 6.2 using netcdf3.3.1

> Glen,

Thats "Glenn" :-)

>       You are right it is an NFS problem, when I run my code on my local
> disk I have no problems.

We've run into some weird interactions involving combinations of
        NFS-3, NFS-2, and 64 bit file systems.
Eventually the vendors will sort things out.

>       However, I still don't see why you want to set both O_TRUNC and O_EXCL
> in the same open call, they sure seem to do different things:
>
>      O_TRUNCIf the file exists, its length is truncated to 0 and the mode and
>             owner are unchanged.  O_TRUNC has no effect on special files or
>             directories.
>
>      O_EXCL If O_EXCL and O_CREAT are set, open will fail if the file exists.
>             The check for the existence of the file and the creation of the
>             file if it does not exist is atomic with respect to other
>             processes executing open naming the same filename in the same
>
>       -ethan

I see what you are getting at, you are right.
I'll roll that into the patch to use the macros.

Thanks.

-glenn