970922: problem installing netcdf on Ultra II

Paramesh,

In the above message, you wrote:

>       I communicated a lot with you regarding our problem in
> installing netCDF in our SUN Ultra-II system. My sincere thanks
> to you for your help. We were using Sparc Compiler C++ 4.1 which
> came in SUN workshop CD.
>       I am puzzled to find that the netCDF could be
> successfully installed using SC c compiler 4.0 (demo), but could
> not be installed using our licensed SC C++ 4.1 because it did not
> have c89 in it. Now we need to know if there is something wrong
> with the SC C++ 4.1 compiler supplied to us.
>        Could you kindly tell me if anybody has successfully
> installed netCDF using SC C++ 4.1 compiler?
>
> With regards.
>
> Sincerely yours
>
> Paramesh

I don't know if anyone has successfully installed our netCDF package
using the SC 4.1 compilers.  Unfortunately, we have the SC 4.0 and
SC 4.2 compiler packages -- but not the SC 4.1.

You might try posting an inquiry to the netCDF mailing-list.

--------