Re: 971020: netcdf_t.Z

>To: address@hidden
>From: Joseph Levy <address@hidden>
>Subject: netcdf_t.Z

Hi Joe,

>       Hi.  This is Joe Levy (Univ. of Denver) again.  I've got a couple
> of questions regarding the downloading of the netcdf library.
>
>       First:  What operating system is "netcdf_t.Z" for?  If not for
>               Windows 95, which one is?

I'm not sure what file you are referring to.  As far as I know, there is
no file named "netcdf_t.Z" on our FTP server.  There are some
Win32-specific binaries in the

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/

directory.  A README file in that directory describes the files.  These
should work for Windows 95.

>       Second: How do you compile something that looks like a bunch of
>               boxes and symbols?  My computer knowledge extends only as
>               far as writing C/C++ code and not much else.

You shouldn't try to compile binary files, only C source files.  A
compiler can also be used to link compiled object files, so maybe that's
what you're referring to?

--Russ