971015: netcdf on IRIX 6.2: c89(1) doesn't work

Sergio,

In the above message, you wrote:

> I am trying to build netcdf on an SGI machine with irix 6.2 OS.
> I am not able to pass the ./config stage since the c89 compiler
> command does not work. The config.log message is criptic.
> Any advice on what to do?

I need more information in order to help you.  Specifically, I'd like to
know what is wrong with your c89(1) compiler.  Would you please compile
the following code:

    main(){}

with your c89(1) compiler and send me the standard and error output.

--------