971015: PROMULA FORTRAN

George,

In the above message, you wrote:

> Steve,
>
> I just made a routine Internet search for "Promula" with Excite and got the
> following hit.  I thought you had removed this negative reference from your
> page, after I proved some time ago -- with your help -- that there was
> nothing wrong with Promula.

That comment was removed from our web pages.

> What happened?  Did this page get reloaded from your archives?

The "known problems" web page you found deals with version 2.4.2 of the
netCDF package.  This is an old version of the netCDF package.  The
last version 2 "known problems" web page is for version 2.4.3 -- and it
doesn't have the Promula comment.  The current version of the netCDF
package is 3.3.1 -- and it doesn't mention Promula either.

Our "known problems" netCDF web page does contain links to the "known
problems" web pages for the older versions.  This must be how Excite
found that entry.  Such links, however, are clearly labled as being for
old, non-supported, versions of the netCDF package.

Since Promula Fortran now works with the older packages, I'll remove
that entry from the older "known problems" pages.

--------