Re: 970910: C++ interface used by win95 or winnt

>To: address@hidden
>From: SONGYONGJIA <address@hidden>
>Subject: C++ interface used by win95 or winnt
>
> Dear sir,
>     I want to find C++ interface library used by win95 or winnt, Would
> you tell me how to find it ?
>
> thank you!
> your sincerely

There is a contributed set of 'nmake' files which may be used to build the
netcdf C and FORTRAN interfaces. This is available as
ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/maks.zip

Unfortunately, this does not include an 'nmake' file for the cxx directory,
which is where the current netcdf C++ interface lives.  The current C++ is a
veneer on top of the C interface. Since the majority of platform portability
issues are handled in the C layer, it may be fairly straight forward to build.

I'm not sure we would recommend that the existing C++ interface be used for new
code. There is a good chance it will change soon.

-glenn