Re: 970904: netCDF to be used in Ampac 6.0

>To: address@hidden
>From: "Roy Dennington" <address@hidden>
>Subject: NetCDF

Hi Roy,

> Our product is Called "Ampac 6.0", a quantum mechanics package for studying
> chemical properties and reactivity of small molecules (# of atoms less than
> 300). The package includes a computation module, written in Fortran, and a
> graphics module, written in C/X-Motif. Our software runs on most major
> workstations.
>
> We use the library to exchange data between the modules, and as a new
> convenient compact portable file for storing results. I will be happy to mail
> a brochure if you would like to have more info.

Yes, please do.  I'd like a bit more information so I could mention your
product on our "Where is NetCDF Used?" web page at
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/usage.html where we mention
other untraditional uses such as chromatography and medical image
files.  Please send the brochure to:

  Russ Rew
  UCAR/Unidata
  P.O. Box 3000
  Boulder, CO 80307-3000

Also, if you have a web site describing your product, I would be happy
to add a link to it from the above web page.

> Since it is a commercial product, I like to make certain that we follow
> "usage" instructions to the letter before we release our first version that
> uses netcdf.
>
> We have a "Copyrights" folder that contains exact copies of the copyright
> notices provided by all support libraries. We will place a copy of the notice
> contained on your web page in the folder, or would you prefer to supply one
> me?

The one on the web site at
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/copyright.html
is sufficient.

> Do we need to also include a copy in the manual? The results files produced
> by
> our software does not contain copyright notices, only data.

There is no need to include a copy in the manual, if you include a copy in
the folder for such notices.

> Is there anything else we need to do?

No, but thanks for asking and for using netCDF.

--Russ