[no subject]

Dear Li Guilong,

In the above message, you wrote:

> Dear Mr Steve Emmerson
>     The output from the command "uname -a" is
> IRIX lasg04 6.3 12161207 IP32.The homepage at
> http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/cdc/netopen/netsubs_read.shtml tells that
> i can read the data from the following program. if i will read 3
> years(85-87) of NMC u and v winds at 200mb.The program could look like
> this:
>         real u(144,73)
>       real v(144,73)
>       call netop_init()
>
>       do iyear=85,87
>               call netopen(iyear,'nmc','rect',uwnd','',200.0,netidu,ivaridu)
>               call netopen(iyear,'nmc','rect',vwnd','',200.0,netidu,ivaridu)
>               do iday=1,365
>               call gridread(0,iday,u,200.0,netidu,ivaridu,ny,nm,nd,nh)
>               call gridread(0,iday,v,200.0,netidu,ivaridu,ny,nm,nd,nh)
>
>       enddo
>       enddo
>
>   but when i compile it.The compiler tell me that it can not
> find the netop_init,netopen,gridread.The compile command is "f77
> -L/usr/people/lgl/net/netcdf-3.3.1/src/libsrc netcdf.f".The path
> "/usr/people/lgl/net/netcdf-3.3.1/src/libsrc" contains the library
> "libnetcdf.a".But this library only support "-lnetcdf",it doesn't
> support the library "-lnetopen".So i can't pass the compile.Could you
> tell me why and how to do.Thank you.
>

>                                                       Your sincerely
>                                                       Guilong Li

I'm sorry, but I do not know the functions netopen() and gridread().  I
do not know what they do nor what library they are in.  I know for a
fact that they are not part of the netCDF library.

I suggest you contact the people from whom you got the program and ask
them where the functions are.

--------