970718: problems installing netcdf on sun ultra II

Dear Paramesh,

In the above message, you wrote:

> I have run a test program on my Sun, as you have mentioned, and other small
> programs also by the command CC -o test test.cc and it is working fine.

The command "CC -o test test.cc" uses the C++ compiler (CC) and not the
C comiler (cc).  Have you tested the C compiler?

> Infact, the program ccfe is in /../SUNWspro/SC4.o/bin and the netcdf is
> searching for it in /../SUNWspro/bin.
>
> Can you help me.

You might try a symbolic link:

    cd SUNWspro/bin
    ln -s ../SC4.0/bin/ccfe ccfe

This would allow for the discovery of the "ccfe" utility in the
"SUNWspro/bin" directory.

--------