970718: problems installing netcdf on sun ultra II

Dear Paramesh,

In the above message, you wrote:

> I forgot to send the error message as attachement.
>
> Here is the error.

> Dr. Paramesh Banerjee
> Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology
> 33 Gen. Mahadeo Singh Road
> Dehra Dun 248001
> INDIA
> E-mail: address@hidden
> Ph: +91 135 623109/627387/624806 Ext.528
> FAX:+91 135 625212
>
> This message was sent by Chameleon
> -------------------------------------
>
> sh configure
> checking for m4... m4
> checking for xlc... no
> checking for c89... no
> checking for acc... no
> checking for cc... cc
> checking C compiler... configure: error: cc failed to compile test program
>
> vi config.log
> This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
> running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.
>
> configure:1017: cc -c -O -DNDEBUG conftest.c 1>&5
> cc: Cannot find /opt/SUNWspro/bin/ccfe

It appears that your C compiler is improperly installed.  You should be
able to demonstrate this by attempting to compile a trivial program,
e.g.

    # include <stdio.h>
    void main() { puts("Hello world!"); }

You'll have to consult with your system administrator or with Sun on
this problem.

--------