Re: upperair sonding data

> From: "Shahram Shiri" <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 10:46:03 -0400
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: upperair sonding data
>
>       I download some cdf files from your directory on daily basis. We use
> sonding data for a weather related research project. I need some
> information about these files. As I understand from your server cdf directory,
> these files (e.g. 97062400_upa.cdf) are generated from WMO files and converted
> to cdf. There are some synopses and wmo files in the same directory. Do
> you know how often these files are updated or when is the last time they
> are written to? And also, if the code to convert from wmo to cdf is
> available and how to get it? and more information about them.

        Ron:

        These files are are updated continually throughout the day.  All
        files ending in cdf are netCDF files and the current files are
        updated at least hourly.  Everything else is updated automatically
        as new data is received, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

        As far as the software is concerned, I get it from the Unidata
        Program Center (UCAR) at Boulder, CO.  If you want more information
        you should contact address@hidden and find out who at
        GSFC is your site contact.  I've seen lot's of GSFC e-mail addresses
        concerning the software packages we use here.

        Larry

  -----===(*  Climate's what we expect, but weather's what we get.  *)===-----
 Larry Riddle : Climate Research Division : Scripps Institution of Oceanography
     University of California, San Diego : La Jolla, California  92093-0224
     Phone: (619) 534-1869 : Fax: (619) 534-8561 : E-Mail: address@hidden