Re: 970624: Problem with C++ install of netCDF with Linux

>To: address@hidden
>From: Bob Harvey <address@hidden>
>Subject: Problem with C++ install of netCDF with Linux
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with the C++ part of the netCDF install.
> Otherwise, everything worked fine.  Thanks.
> Basically, I am a fortran person.   I don't really
> need a connection from C++ at the moment, so there is no
> urgency to this problem for me.
> So, the following is for your information.
>
> Regards,
> Bob Harvey

>    Bob Harvey                                     CompX
>    phone: (619) 793-3519                          12839 Via Grimaldi
>    Fax:   (619) 792-6324                          Del Mar, CA 92014
>    Email: address@hidden                        USA

> [root@compxco src]# uname -a
> Linux compxco.com 2.0.18 #3 Thu Oct 24 16:15:18 CDT 1996 i586
> /usr/bin/g++ -c -O  -I../libsrc  -Df2cFortran -DNDEBUG netcdf.cc
> In file included from netcdf.hh:16,
>                  from netcdf.cc:12:
> ncvalues.hh:13: generic.h: No such file or directory
> ncvalues.hh:14: iostream.h: No such file or directory
> ncvalues.hh:18: strstream.h: No such file or directory

This means the compiler can't find the include files mentioned.
These are "standard" includes in C++ systems, like stdio.h is
for C. (There is no offical standard yet, but the ones mentioned
are always there, as far as I know.)

It probably means that libg++, the GNU C++ "standard" lib
was not installed on your system, or that the g++ installation
was not told where to look for them.

Sadly, having a compiler doesn't mean one has a compilation environment.

-glenn