Re: 970619: netCDF docs

>To: address@hidden
>From: "William C. Mattison" <address@hidden>
>Subject: netCDF doc.

Hi Bill,

> How far into the future do you expect the netCDF version 2.4.3 User's Guide
> and man pages to be available on line and via anonymous ftp?

I expect we'll keep them available as long as people are still using the
version-2 interface.  We're not in need of the disk space.  So maybe 5
years?  It's risky to look any further than that into the future.
Unidata operates on 5-year NSF grants, and we've recently submitted a
proposal for our next grant (Unidata: 2003 at
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/proposals/NSF2003/2003.index.html).

--Russ