Re: help

> From: Narasimha <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: 970612: netCDF on Linux/Alpha

Hi Narasimha,

>       I am Narasimha and am currently working at the oklahoma climate survey
> at OU in Norman. Recently I tried installing the netcdf software on a
> linux ver 2.0.30 on an alpha and when I tried to link the netcdf library
> when compiling it said that It could not recognize the file format. I
> wanted some help from you in this regard.

I'm not sure I understand what was producing the message, the
linker/compiler or a test program?

When you built netCDF, did you run "make test" and did the test results
look OK?

It would be best if you could send details of the problem (for example,
as outlined in the netCDF INSTALL file, which I've appended) to
address@hidden, and we'll try to resolve it.

Thanks!

--Russ

IF PROBLEMS OCCUR:

If you have problems with the installation, then please try the
following first:

    1.  Re-read and understand all of this INSTALL document --
        especially any examples and commentary relevant to your system.

    2.  Go to the top-level source directory (the directory containing
        the INSTALL file).

    3.  Remove the file "config.cache" if it exists.

    4.  Re-execute the configure script.  Redirect its standard output
        and standard error to a file.  If this step fails, then stop
        here.

    5.  Execute the command "make clean".

    6.  Execute the command "make".  Redirect its standard output and
        standard error to a file.  If this step fails, then stop here.

    7.  Execute the command "make test".  Redirect its standard output
        and standard error to a file.

If you still can't build this package, then please send a description of
the problem together with the following to <address@hidden>:

    1.  The standard output of the command "uname -a".

    2.  The contents of the file VERSION, which is in the top-level
        source directory.

    3.  The standard output and error output of the configure script
        (step 4 above).

    4.  The absolute pathnames of all compilers (C, FORTRAN, C++) used
        in the build process (use the type(1) or which(1) utility to
        determine this).

    5.  The contents of the file "config.log", which is in the top-level
        source directory.

    6.  The standard output and error output of the command "make" (step
        6 above).

    7.  The standard output and error output of the command "make test"
        (step 7 above).