970611: building using NAG f90

Steve,

In the above message, you wrote:

>        Below is the standard out & err of  f90 -c f90tst.f
>                                                                Steve M.
>
> C program f90tst.f
>       integer*1 i1
>       integer*2 i2
>       integer   i4
>
>       integer*1 i1a(2)
>       integer*2 i2a(2)
>       integer   i4a(2)
>
>       external sub
>
>       call sub(i1)
>       call sub(i2)
>       call sub(i3)

Whoops!  Should have made the above "i4".

>       call sub(i1a)
>       call sub(i2a)
>       call sub(i4a)
>
>       end
>
> C standard out & err of  f90 -c f90tst.f
>
> Extension: f90tst.f, line 2: Byte count on numeric data type
>            detected at *@1
> Extension: f90tst.f, line 3: Byte count on numeric data type
>            detected at *@2
> Extension: f90tst.f, line 6: Byte count on numeric data type
>            detected at *@1
> Extension: f90tst.f, line 7: Byte count on numeric data type
>            detected at *@2
> Warning: f90tst.f, line 20: Unused symbol I4
>          detected at END@<end-of-statement>
> [f90 continuing despite warning messages]
> Error: f90tst.f, line 13: Inconsistent datatype for arg 1 in call to SUB
> Error: f90tst.f, line 14: Inconsistent datatype for arg 1 in call to SUB
> Error: f90tst.f, line 16: Inconsistent structure for arg 1 in call to SUB
> Error: f90tst.f, line 17: Inconsistent datatype for arg 1 in call to SUB
> Error: f90tst.f, line 18: Inconsistent datatype for arg 1 in call to SUB
> [f90 error termination]

Ah ha!  Looks like we're zeroing in on the problem.

Can the NAG f90 compiler compile the following:

      integer*1 i1(2)
      integer*2 i2(2)
      integer   i4(2)

      external sub

      call sub(i1)
      call sub(i2)
      call sub(i4)

      end

If not, then send this to the NAG folks and ask why not.

Please let me know what the compiler spits out.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>