Re: Unidata Support: 970529: Unable to build netcdf3.3 address@hidden

Synopis:
On
> IRIX carson 6.3 12161207 IP32
which has the following compilers
> carson 19% cc -n32 -version
> Mongoose Compilers: Version 7.10

The module libsrc/error.o builds incorrectly.
It is reconized by the 'file' command, but
'nm' (and apparently the linker) cannot find
any entry points inside.

Mike sent a list of patches which we have on our machines.

I built using -n32 on binnie
IRIX64 binnie 6.2 03131016 IP26.

Placing these execuatables on the 'carson' machine,
they still work. In particular, nm can read the file libsrc/error.o.

I still think it is possible this is an NFS 3 vs NFS 2 problem
in sbc's build tree, or some other weird file system problem.

At any rate, in /carson/glenn/netcdf-3.3.1a/ on machine carson.eos
find working executables and a library suitable for linking.

-glenn