970529: problem installing netcdf-3.3

Steve,

In the above message, you wrote:

> Thanks for the quick reply.  The patchs for util.c and fortlib.c
> appear to have worked -- at least I made it past that step ...
>
> unfortunely, the next step crashed.  there is an undefined reference
> to a function named "memmove".  I haven't been able to find anywhere
> where this function is defined.  (It's always something. -RR) Below is
> the make output:

The function memmove() is part of the Standard C environment.
Unfortunately, it's not in either the default C library or the GNU C
library.

Try linking against the System V library:

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory.

    2.  Set the environment variable LIBS to "-L/usr/5lib"

    3.  Re-execute the configure script.

    4.  Execute the command "make".

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>