Re: 970527: 3d netCDF data visualization

>To: address@hidden
>cc: address@hidden
>From: "David N. Bresch" <address@hidden>
>Subject: 3d netCDF data visualization

Hi David,

> I am a PhD student at the Swiss Institute of Technology (ETH). During
> my work, I developed an IDL-based 3D graphics tool to display model
> output (Europa Modell of DWD, EM) and 3D radar data (from our
> institute's weather radar), but all 3D datasets can be visualized, as
> long as they are stored in netCDF format (other formats might be read as
> well, but this needs programming). I just thought that you might be
> interested in knowing who uses your data format and the different
> applications available for it. I might invite you to visit my html-page
> showing some examples and further information (online help):
>
> http://grieg.ethz.ch/~david/argos.html

Very impressive!

I would like to include a brief description of your ARGOS software in
our web page listing software for manipulating or displaying netCDF
data, at

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/software.html

I could either include a paragraph or two that you supply, or I will
compose a draft for your approval.

Please let me know if this is OK with you.

Thanks!

--Russ