970328: SAL beta testing

Donna,

In the above message you wrote:

> 1. Will you please check "NetCDFPerl" on the following SAL link?
>    http://www.KachinaTech.COM/~hjjou/new-SAL/F/1/NETCDFPERL.html
>
> 2. Please confirm/modify/add any information on this page to make
>    it complete.

Current version is 1.1.

Copyright type is whatever you think the following is

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf-perl/COPYRIGHT

Source code availability is freely-available.  Modification details are
in copyright notice.

This package is not available in a binary distribution.

Targeted platforms are the unix boxes we have in house.  They include
the following:

    AIX/RS6000
    BSDOS/i586
    DigitalUNIX/Alpha
    HPUX/HP9000
    RIX-5/SGI
    IRIX-6/SGI
    IRIX64-6/SGI
    Linux/i586
    OS2/i486
    OS2/i586
    SunOS-4/Sparc-10
    SunOS-5.3/Sparc-10
    SunOS-5.5/Sparc-10
    Sunos-5.5/Sparc-20
    ULTRIX/DECStation
    ULTRIX/VAXStation

Software/hardware requirements are a Unix system with a Standard C
compiler and both the perl and netCDF packages already instlled..

> 3. If you have a copyright statement, will you provide it in
>    text form or provide a www link?

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf-perl/COPYRIGHT

> 4. Could you provide a "screen shot image" of your software and
>    a small icon representing your package that we can use in the
>    page?

"screen shot image" is irrelevant because its a library and not an
application.

> The following are some examples with better shapes to look at for
> reference:
>     http://www.kachinatech.com/SAL/alpha/G/3/THOT.html
>     http://www.kachinatech.com/SAL/alpha/A/1/MATHEMATICA.html
>     http://www.kachinatech.com/SAL/alpha/A/3/FFE.html
>
> 5. Could you offer some user comments about the package?

No.

> 6. Is your software package designed specifically to Linux?

No.

>    If not, will you mention as completely as possible the
>    'Software/Hardware Requirement(s)' and general installation guide?

See the following:

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf-perl/INSTALL

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>