970325: NetCDF user guide

Chris,

> To: address@hidden,
> To: address@hidden
> From: "Hobbs, Chris" <address@hidden>
> Subject: Versions

In the above message, you wrote:

> Dear Russ;

Russ is away this week, so I'm handling netCDF support.

>      I was unable to use the msdos version on my computer due to compiler
> difficulties.  Something about a 16 bit/32 bit conflict.
>     My feeling now is to use the most recent and powerful version you have.
>  I thought it was 2.4.3.  Now I see 3.3 at your site.  If I use MS
> powerstation FORTRAN or C++, will I be able to install this software?

I don't know.  As far as I know, the netCDF package has never been built
using those compilers.

> The gmake sent me for a bit of a loop before.

It might still.  But help is just an email away.

>      Sorry for the stupid questions, but I need to know.  2.4 or 3.3

I'd try the 3.3a package.

> and where is the guide for 3.3.  Thanks.

The 3.3a guide is still under construction. netCDF 3.3a contains,
however, a netCDF 2 compatibility interface -- so you can still use the
old routines and documentation.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>