Re: Visual C++ and netcdf

> Hi Glenn,
>
> I have recently upgraded from Visual C++ 16 bit (1.5) to 32 bit (4.0).
> I was about to attempt to compile netcdf in Visual 4.0 when I saw your
> port... and I am now trying to work with it but am getting linker errors
> which my experience tells me stem from the fact that I am probably not
> using the same compile/link settings you did.
> Can you send me the project file you used, so I can set my developer
> studio up the same way?
>
> Thanks,
> Marinna
> ----------- "Be seeing you..."  - The Prisoner ---------------
> Marinna Martini            | U.S. Geological Survey
> Ocean Engineer             | Marine & Coastal Geology Program
> address@hidden          | Woods Hole, MA 02543
> (508) 548-8700             | http://marine.usgs.gov/~mmartini
> ------------ Earth Science is a Public Trust -----------------

Marinna:

You don't mention which version of netcdf you are trying
to build. For Visual C++, I strongly suggest you use
netcdf-3 (ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-3.3a.tar.Z).

You can save yourself the trouble of building it by grabbing a 32 bit
DLL from
ftp://ftp.jasco.co.jp/pub/NetCDF/Win32DLL/netcdf-3.3a-win32dll.tar.gz
(This was contributed by Tom Hondo.)

If you really need a project file, perhaps Mr. Hondo's distribution
has the one he used. We have one from netcdf-3.1a, but it is a bit out
of date.

-glenn