Re: JAVA Interface to netCDF

> From: Tom LeFebvre <address@hidden>
> To: Russ Rew <address@hidden>

Hi Tom,

> In your last message, you hinted that the JAVA interface to netCDF
> might be ready by the end of this month.  As it turns out, we're about
> to rewrite our JAVA application to read our data directly from netCDF
> files rather than via our database servers.  So...if you're looking for
> volunteers to test out the new JAVA interface to netCDF, count us in.

I'll certainly let you know as soon as it's ready.  I'm just getting
back to working on it today, after having to spend a couple of weeks on
unrelated work, so I don't know if I'll be able to get something ready
by the end of this month, but I'm going to try.

It turns out that Java 1.1 may have some significant improvements that
are useful to netCDF, but for now, I'm still basing the read-only
interface on 1.0.2.

> Regarding the message that I sent you a couple of weeks ago concerning
> Purify...we've found other examples where the Purified version causes
> a core dump, while the non-Purified version works fine.  In this case
> the code was not in a netCDF function, so I think it's safe to say
> that the netCDF code is not the problem.  Thanks again for your
> comments on this problem.

Good to here we probably aren't the problem ...

--Russ