970225: NETCDF2_4R2 and R3 OSF problems

Steve,

In the above message, you wrote:

>       Ok, I think I'm getting warmer, so if I need to call ncvargetg I
> can call it as (all the data's are 32-bit long arrays):
>
>       if(ncvargetg( (int) cdfid, (int) varid, (nclong*) start_data,
>           (nclong*) count_data,(nclong*) stride_data,(nclong*) NULL,
>           (void*)value_data) == -1L)
>         error_putget(cdfid,varid);
>
> correct ? (then nclong* does the casting)

Incorrect.

Casts on the following argument:

    start_data, count_data, stride_data, imap_data (which you don't have)

*must* be unnecessary.  All of these arguments *must* be of type `long*'
(NOTE: not `nclong*').  The question I have for you is "What is the type
of the `stride' argument in your code when you call ncvargetg()?"

> Is there an NCINT type for the variable/file ids, or my use of (int) the way
> to go?

There is no NCINT type.  Such a cast would be completely unnecessary
when the prototype for the function is in scope.

Does your code include "netcdf.h"?

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>