970225: NETCDF2_4R2 and R3 OSF problems

In the above message, you wrote:

>       Let me see if I have this correct, this is another incarnation
> of the old 32-bit long vs 64-bit long problem.

No, it's not quite the same problem.  The 32/64-bit problem had to do
with the types for *data values*.  Your problem might lie with the type
of the stride argument (a different beast altogether). the `stride'
argument should be a `long*'.  What is it in your code?

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>