970214: NetCDF make: Fatal error

Hoyle,

In the above message, you wrote:

> Steve,
>
> I attached 'out.cfg' as the standard output of 'configure'.
>
> I also put  the followings as another standard output.
>
> expanding `include's in file `Makefile'
> expanding `include's in file `xdr/Makefile'
> expanding `include's in file `libsrc/Makefile'
> expanding `include's in file `fortran/Makefile'
> expanding `include's in file `cxx/Makefile'
> expanding `include's in file `ncgen/Makefile'
> expanding `include's in file `ncdump/Makefile'
> expanding `include's in file `nctest/Makefile'
> expanding `include's in file `doc/Makefile'
> expanding `include's in file `port/master.mk'
> expanding `include's in file `port/Makefile'
>
> Thanks,
>
> Hoyle
> --------
>
> creating cache ./config.cache
> checking for fill-value usage... new usage
> checking the installation prefix... /local/src/tracer/Plotplus/pplus-dist
> checking the installation exec-prefix... /local/src/tracer/Plotplus/pplus-dist
> checking for cc... cc
> checking type of operating system... 5

It appears that the `configure' script is having problems determining
your operating system.

Would you please do the following:

    1.  Execute the command `env'.  Trap standard standard output and
        send it to me.

    2.  Send me the file CUSTOMIZE in the top-level source directory of
        your unpacked NETCDF distribution.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>