970124: Problem assigning fill values for NCSHORT varaibles

Leon,

In the above message you wrote:

> I can not assign fill values to NCSHORT variables.  The fill values come
> out as either 0s or -1s (ncdump).  I'm using solaris 2.4, fortran calls,
> and the current netCDF code.  Got any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

I'll be glad to help, but I'll some more information.  At present, there
are two "current" netCDF distributions: 2.4.3 and 3.<something>a (an
alpha-test distribution of the next generation).  Which one are you
using?

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>