Re: 970123: C++ interface to NetCDF

>To: address@hidden
>From: "Robert Shectman" <address@hidden>
>Subject: C++ interface to NetCDF

Hi Robert,

> I notice that the last version to have the C++ interface to NetCDF
> in the tar file on the ftp server is 2.4.3.
>
> Does the C++ code from 2.4.3 work with version 3.3a?
> If not, is there one somewhere else?

The 3.3a release is an alpha pre-release of netCDF-3 that is not yet
complete.  We haven't tested the C++ interface from version 2.4.3 with
it yet, but I know of no reason that it shouldn't work, since the 2.4.3
C++ interface calls the 2.4.3 C interface, which is supported by the
3.3a library.

Currently, there is no other version of the C++ interface for the 3.3a
prerelease, and we don't have plans for any major enhancements to the
C++ interface for the first netCDF-3 release.

Please let us know if you discover any problems with it.  Thanks.