Russ Rew: Re: 961017: make test fails

Forgot to CC: support-netcdf ...

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Thu, 17 Oct 1996 12:17:14 -0600
From:    Russ Rew <address@hidden>
To:      address@hidden (Dr John M Gary)
Subject: Re: 961017: make test fails

>To: address@hidden
>From: address@hidden (Dr John M Gary)
>Subject: installation

Hi John,

> The "make test" fails to compile with f90 because our sgi requires
> FC="f90 -64" to generate 64 bit code.  I used setenv FC "f90 -64"
> and printenv prints FC as f90 -64.  However the compilation in
> the make test is using the f90 without the -64, so it fails.
> Do you have a fix for this?

If this is netCDF-2.3.2 from June 1993, the fix is to use the current
version, which has been tested on the 64-bit SGI platform under IRIX 5.3
and IRIX 6.2.  NetCDF version 2.4.3 is available as

    ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.Z

Alternatively, you could just manually edit the fortran/Makefile created
by the configure script to define FC as "f90 -64" and then try "make
clean all test" again in the fortran/ directory.

- --Russ

------- End of Forwarded Message