961009: install questions

Yun He,

In the above message you wrote:

> Yes, now I find out the /man /lib /include and /bin directories generated
> by installing.  I do find a library netcdf file there.
> And I have put the path in my .cshrc file again.
>
> but just compile a simplest code has problem:
>       integer NCID
>       ncid=NCOPN('9211.01-15surf_kav.cdf', NCNOWRIT, RCODE)
>       stop
>       end
>
> {argo:141}f77 -I/home1/yunhe/netcdf-2.4.3/include readcdf.f
> readcdf.f:
>  MAIN:
> Undefined                     first referenced
>  symbol                           in file
> ncopn_                              readcdf.o
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to a.out

You need to reference the netCDF library on your link-line, e.g.

    f77 -I/home1/yunhe/netcdf-2.4.3/include readcdf.f
-L/home1/yunhe/netcdf-2.4.3/lib -lnetcdf

See the manual pages for your f77(1) and ld(1) utilities for more
information.

> and if I add a first line: include 'nercdf.inc', still says:
> "readcdf.f", line 1: Cannot open file netcdf.inc

I don't understand this error.  If you give the f77(1) utility the
option that references the netCDF include directory, and if the file
`netcdf.inc' is in that directory, they the compiler should find it.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>